The diagnostic market is highly fragmented, with big chains, independent clinics, and labs located in hospitals.
- Limited access: Many people, particularly those living in rural or underserved areas, have limited access to diagnostic services
- Quality and accuracy: Ensuring the quality and accuracy of diagnostic tests is critical, as incorrect results can lead to misdiagnosis and inappropriate treatment.
- Data management and interoperability: The healthcare industry generates a vast amount of data, including diagnostic data. Managing and analysing this data can be challenging, particularly when it comes to interoperability between different systems and devices.
- Regulatory and compliance issues: The diagnostics healthcare industry is subject to several regulatory and compliance requirements, including those related to the development, production, and distribution of diagnostic tests. Ensuring compliance with these requirements can be a complex and time-consuming process.
To enhance efficiency and synergy, the idea was to connect all the stakeholders on one platform. It led to the practicalities of collecting blood samples becoming more like Uber. The entire value chain has to be digitally transformed. To give the results, it was necessary to combine several diagnostic labs from all over India on the platform. The features developed for different stakeholders were as follows:
- Patients: All appointments for sample collection at homes were made through the patient portal.
- Diagnostic Centers: Fleet of phlebotomists available on demand with a sample collecting dashboard.
- Doctors: Improved transportation technologies for blood samples taken at home produced reliable results and improved test adherence. For their patients, they can also place test orders.
- Phlebotomists: By selling prescription tests through a platform on a pay-per-order basis, they turned became microentrepreneurs.
- Health Insurance companies: Companies that provide health insurance can place bulk orders on the site for their clients.
Our technology tracks data completeness and consistency for all features and attributes that supplement segment information.
Solutions: Technology Development and Data Analysis
Technologies: NodeJS, AWS Cognito, AWS API Gateway, AWS DevOps, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Redshift SQL, AWS S3, AWS Glue, Python, Tableau, Kubernetes.
Our Client realized the following benefits during the first six months of implementation:
- Reduction in response time: The demand for various diagnostics tests was met by a variety of health insurance majors.
- Rapid expansion: We integrated more than 6000 diagnostics centers with a fleet of more than 20,000 phlebotomists across those locations to process the sample and provide the reports to the right patients.
- Demand forecasting: The operations team can arrange the deployment of phlebotomists while on the fly thanks to automated forecasting.
- Less Manual Work: The average time for regional predictions is now 20 minutes as opposed to 7 hours, and the total time was reduced to 2.5 hours from the initial 2.5 days.